Things, moments, and places - not people. In no particular order.
- Lunchtime walks to Parker and Otis, to eat tuna salad and giggle at their incredible collection of handmade cards (with sayings like "I love your stupid face")
- Nostalgic charcuteries at Mateo (their local ham is basically meat butter) that remind me of the night I knew I wanted to keep Jeff around
- The meyer lemon pizza at Toro (pleeeeeeaaaaase, meyer lemons, be in season before I leave so I can eat this one last time)
- Chai hot toddies at Beyu Caffe (I could really go for one right now - too bad it's 9:30 am)
- Trader Joe's, in all of its glory. The wine tastings where I find delicious 10-dollar bottles, the candy cane green tea that is my winter obsession, the syrah soaked toscano cheese, and the happy feeling I get every time I walk inside
- Running the American Tobacco Trail, a route I know so well that I mark the miles by "that funny looking tree" and "10 paces past where it intersects at Juliette"
- Falling asleep in front of the fire at my aunt's house (or my mom's house, or my grandmother's house)
- Nonexistent security lines at the RDU airport
- The American Tobacco Campus, all lit up at night
- Random 70-degree days in December
- Trips to Cape Lookout on my uncle's boat
- Waterskiing the Intracoastal Waterway, minutes from my stepdad's marina
- Fast-paced Carolina Hurricanes games, usually ended with an L (but also a smile)
- Dollar hot dog night at the Durham Bulls (with craft beers and Rise donuts)
- Kayaking Carrot Island amidst dolphins and wild horses
- Picnics by the lake (pick a lake, any lake)
- Hikes along the Eno River
- Day trips to Hanging Rock and Pilot Mountain
All cherished moments, soon to be happy memories.