Oh man, another "year in review" blog post? Maybe.
A lot can happen in a year. The big stuff:
- I met Jeff and all the people he loves
- I fractured my tibia, the biggest frustration of the year
- I met some great new friends, like Brendan and Jason
- My divorce was finalized (finally)
- I traveled to Acadia National Park
- I quit my job in search of work-life integration (not just balance)
- I lost 20 pounds out of depression and gained it all back when I could laugh again
- I got into Remote Year
- I sold a lot of stuff, and gave away the rest
- I ran more races with my favorite running buddy
- I got LASIK
And a few little moments:
- I strolled my city with my grandfather, listening to his stories of childhood in downtown Durham during the 1930s and 1940s
- I got chills reading a study of long-term non-Hodgkin's lymphoma survivors with my dad - a moment I think of often because his survival was so unlikely
- I ate marrow and oxtail confit on my second date with Jeff - my favorite meal of the year
- I waterskiied with my stepbrother and watched him do tricks I could never attempt
- I spent too much money on chai hot toddies with the Kizernator (...or not enough money?)
- Goldman Sachs employees serenaded me and Amanda with Disney and Taylor Swift songs one hilarious night (and one kept biting us - it was very bizarre and Amanda got a bruise)
- I watched wild horses on the shores of Carrot Island from a tandem Kayak with my guy
2015 was a year of change. 2016 will be a year of exploration.
Header image: Esther Bonardi Hoffman. Thanks, auntie.