Okay, I had read about beef in Uruguay,
But I hadn't experienced it yet.
Today we went to Los Leños, a traditional Uruguayan parrillada (grill / barbecue place). We paid ~ $40 USD total (for the both of us) and got the following:
- A bottle of local Tannat wine (vino tinto), 2013 vintage
- Salad with the best pickles I've ever tasted
- Fries (next time we'd just get two salads)
- Sweet potato
- Two steaks, which were insanely good
- Pork chop
- Fried intestines
- Blood sausage - SO GOOD and far superior to any American variety I've tried, even my beloved Mateo's version
- Chicken, prepared in a way that I can only describe as "South American"
- Two coconut flans
- Dulce de leche.
So good. Amanda, you would have been thoroughly grossed out.