Hi, I'm in Uruguay and I'm exhausted. Coherence is not going to be my strong suit today. Instead of flowery language, you get photos of moments, some FAQs, and a list of random observations.
- People eat SO LATE here. Dinner starts at 9pm. Lunch at 1:00. This is going to take an adjustment.
- Uruguayans must love pizza. Every second restaurant is a pizza place.
- The city has that slightly dingy look (and smell) that you don't see in American suburbia. I love it.
- Nothing is pretending to be perfect. Everything is decidedly unglamorous. My red lipstick is out of place (not that I've worn it yet).
- Montevideo feels alive, in a calm way. The "calm" part will likely change this weekend (it's Carnaval).
- English is not very ubiquitous. Thanks for the Spanish lessons, Remote Year!
Answers to FAQs
- Yes, the people are very cool.
- Yes, I am making friends.
- Yes, I'm still glad I did Remote Year.
- No, I haven't gotten food poisoning yet.
- No, I don't have a sunburn.
- No, I don't have the Zika virus.
- Yes, it's hot. No, we don't have AC at the workspace (but we do at the hotel).
- Yes, I like it here.